Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome to the 83rd Field Artillery Blog

Welcome to all visitors and friends of the 1st Battalion 83rd Artillery. Please add a comment to our Blog.
All comments will be reviewed before they are added to the Blog. No entry will be added that does not include a name and contact information.

10 comments:

skidmark said...

Billtag's entry looks good. this is my test entry.. I am still looking for Lt. Rice. I believe the first name was Stanley.

Just in case any of you are wondering who Skidmark is, I be Leon Skeen, that wild and crazy pilot for 1/83rd in 69 and 70.

winfred langley said...

Joined the blog.

Rags said...

My wife set this up but the Blog looks good.... whatever a blog is... LOL....she'll help me get here and post a comment!!

Sid Johnston said...

This looks great Bill. Hopefully the moderation feature will keep the spammers out. Thanks, Sid Johnston

Anonymous said...

All right, I'll try a test, since I've never blogged before. Apparently many pilots were "wild and crazy" over there. Leon, I'll be asking you some questions off the blog, since you and Lt Rice sound very familiar to me.

ldabel said...

Hey Guys, I was B Battery Clerk from Aug 68 to Aug 69. Would like to hear from you guys. I started out at FB Sally, went to Anzio then FB Roy. When I left we were at Roy.
Larry Abel
Colonel USA Ret.

billtag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg Sachnewycz said...

What happened to the blog? Only 7 entries since 2008 and nothing since 2011?

winfred langley said...

Just checking out the blog.

Ed Tomas said...

Speaking of stolen fork lifts. While in Bear Cat a Cpt Teague, Supply and I took a phony log book down to a large depot in Saigon and "picked up" our fork lift. I drove a jeep and Teague drove the fork lift up highway one waving at the MP check points as we drove by. Cpt Robert Pierce, B Btry Commander was overjoyed at the"purchase". He jokingly asked Teague if he had any log books for a Huey Helicopter. True story. That fork lift was taken with us on the moves to Ham Than. It was invaluable. MSG, Retired Ed Thomas, B-Btry 66-67